Saturday, June 16, 2012

Gardens and Adventure Kats and Back Injuries, Oh My!

This weekend was originally supposed to be full of outdoor adventures and a theatre performance, but unfortunately my body had different plans. About a month ago, I had an accident during tumbling practice and ended up with some badly strained back muscles. Up until last Sunday I was feeling almost back to normal, but then I decided to do some weight lifting and ended up aggravating the injury all over again. This also means I'll have to take a break from silks & pole next week, so hopefully I can keep up my productivity around the house so I don't get too depressed. :) Being house-ridden today kind of forced me to relax and take a much-needed breather, even though it wasn't the plan. I've cleaned pretty much the entire house, and am now taking a break with a SyFy Original Movie called "Mega Piranha". I have an irrational love for bad science fiction - laughing at the bad acting and ridiculous plot (a 20-foot piranha just leaped 50 feet into the air and literally chewed a helicopter out of the sky) never fails to put me in a good mood. What are your favorite ways to unwind?

My kats also had some outdoor adventure time! My timid little lady, Calla (also known as Moo), ventured out onto the deck for the first time in her life, and Sasha (aka Fatty) sauntered around like a true deck-exploring pro. Unfortunately for them, the combination of morning sun on a dark-stained deck created hot-foot syndrome and drove them back inside after only a few minutes.
Calla being very brave and inspecting the grill.

Sasha wants me to know that seriously, killer haircuts do not protect against hot feet.

 I am also super excited about the progress of my deck garden! I've got tomatoes, blackberries, strawberries, rosemary, basil, marigolds, catnip, daisies, roses, and begonias. I also have about 7 spiderwebs, but I'm okay with them as long as I don't find them with my face.

Deck garden in all its glory.

Some of the early tomatoes on Tomato Plant #1!

Considering a month ago it looked like this -
Yes, those two tiny green containers are the same tomato plants as up above.

I think everything is going really well! It also gets full morning sun, making it an extremely peaceful place to enjoy a morning smoothie.

All right, I just saw a commercial for "Piranhaconda" - an unholy union between piranha and anaconda! - an all-new SyFy original movie that premieres tonight. I guess I know what I'm doing with my evening! Maybe I'll even order some chinese food to complete the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that is the best, most fearsome picture of Sasha I have ever seen. Yay!

    ReplyDelete