I am overflowing with feeling today. This morning was beautiful and I drove to work with my windows down. I had an amazing weekend filled with physical triumphs and many wonderful people. It feels like my heart might burst with how happy I am. And that’s really it. I just wanted to write out how lucky, special, and joyful I feel today. I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
Thursday, August 2, 2012
- Dropped out of pole dancing after finally accepting that my back just isn't healed enough to handle pole lifts or climbing - bye bye, sexy pole shoes. Maybe next year.
- Had a wonderful birthday party with all of my nearest and dearests - water fights, sparkly mustache stickers, and copious amounts of food made it a great day to officially age.
- Visited the Freer Gallery of Asian Art with Tyler and my parents for my Mom's birthday.
- Went on a fantabulous beach vacation, and also got to experience an outdoor silks practice and my very first lyra (aerial hoop) session. Now my desire for my own rig and silk has become an obsession.
- Still working on the same two drawing commissions since May - and have become determined to finish them up in the next couple of weeks. They're daunting.
- Had a couple intense sessions of massage therapy to work out all the nonsense my muscles have been up to.
- Unfortunately made negative progress on my Pay Off My Debt mission.
- Had a couple of intense baking sessions as well, since I tend to bake when I'm stressed out. My coworkers were well-fed during July.
Another project I'm starting this month: keep a journal of each spending temptation that I successfully resist. I've tried so many different strategies over the years to curb my urge to overspend myself into oblivion, and none have really taken thus far. Hopefully keeping a record of all of the positive attempts I make to learn how to spend responsibly will be more encouraging than my current and repetitive pattern of punishment and self-hate when I break down and make an irresponsible purchase.