Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

I hope everyone here in the ole USA had a great 4th of July! I didn't celebrate in the traditional manner - no fireworks, no boozin', no neighborhood or family gatherings - but I did exercise my freedom as an American to do what makes me happy! And what makes me happy is friends and aerial class. Tini and I made our way down to Urban Evolution (the best gym on the planet, hands down) for our weekly silks class and, quite frankly, we kicked its butt. Our goals this time were tons of conditioning, and to climb up and string three tricks together before descending. It took a few tries for each of us, but we both ended up with a cool mini-routine on video. I also finally mastered single- and double-ankle-hangs, did another hammock drop just for funsies, and left with that great euphoric feeling that only comes after a spectacularly fun workout.

Pose transition: Bow & Arrow, to Bow of the Boat, to Lotus Hang

My knee doesn't seem to be bothering me much as long as I'm careful not to pivot without also moving my foot. I'm just happy it doesn't inhibit my aerial practice or walking!

How did you spend your 4th of July?

2 comments:

  1. girl, you're a badass! And My shoulders hurt just watching your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whiskey, cake, and Cowboy Bebop. 'MURRICA!

    ReplyDelete